Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fun in a Blizzard

~ Dec. 21, 2009 ~

So we had a fantastic blizzard this past weekend.  Like… LOADS of snow – between one and two FEET.  It started Friday night and didn’t stop until Saturday night.  I spent Friday night at my apartment, but then got a call around 8:15am Saturday morning.  It was my brother asking if he could come get me so that I could spend the day/night/weekend at their house with them.  He thought that if he came later he might not be able to get through, as it had already been snowing all night and when I stepped out my front door (which is also my only door), I already sank in it up to my knee.

So he came and got me and we (he, his wife, and I) had a grand ol’ time making cinnamon rolls all day.

Sometime in the late afternoon we got a call from The Architect, who is neighbors with my brother/sister-in-law.  He was just asking to borrow a shovel, but then my sister invited him over for dinner.  That made me happy, because he is good company.

THEN…

Not too much later we get another call.  This time from…

The Teacher.

He was asking about getting together for games in the evening.  My sister explained that The Architect was already coming over for dinner, so why didn’t he as well.

He said yes.

What luck!  Both The Architect and The Teacher coming over!

I was kinda nervous then, but excited too.  Maintaining a calm presence though, per usual.

The Teacher walked over from his house in all the snow.  My sister-in-law, I know, is still trying to hook us up, because at this point she keeps leaving me alone with him after his arrival.  That was weird.  Oh, well, it was fine.  Of course, I probably said stupid things though.

Anyway, we had dinner, all five of us and it was just too surreal.  There we were with two of my favorite people in the world (bro and sis), and then my friend The Architect and my budding interest, The Teacher.

Then we played a card game for like, three hours.  It was fun.  We laughed a lot.  Me in particular, because all four of those people are hilarious.  HILARIOUS, I tell you.  Of course, though, I probably made a fool of myself.  I didn’t – and still don’t – care.  It felt so good to laugh after so many months of such unhappiness for me.

Right between supper and games me and my sister went outside, because we hadn’t gotten to play/be in the snow yet like the guys all had.  We decided we were just going to take flying leaps into the snow in our T-shirts (among other things, of course).  The Teacher took pictures and then a little bit later, while my sister was in the shower, decided it had looked like fun and he wanted to do it too.  So he did and had my brother took pictures.

He posted them on FB later that night after he walked home.  So how random is that?  There are now pictures of ME on The Teacher’s FB page.  Random.

Anyway, I didn’t get the sense at all that The Teacher had any interest in me.  He was totally chill and relaxed the whole evening.  He was fun and funny.

So oh, well.  It was just lots of fun.

[Via http://thesecretnarrative.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment