Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas has been wonderful

Christmas is almost completely over and today was a pretty great day. There was an absolute ton of food and everyone seemed to have a good time. Unfortunately Ryan’s dad and his step mom were not able to make it because the highways and interstates in Oklahoma were shut down due to the weather. Of course they couldn’t completely shut them down but they insisted that unless you had a four wheel drive vehicle you should not be on the road. Jamie was not able to leave town so she joined us for our Christmas lunch and everything was great. Last night we opened our Christmas presents from one another so we would have a few less things to open and because we’re just a tiny bit impatient.

how the t rex opens presents

Ryan attacking his present

Ryan’s present was Rock Band 2, which he was extremely excited about. I received a pair of knee high chuck taylors as well as some knee high socks. I also received Weezer’s Raditude on both cd and vinyl. It was definitely a nice surprise. After we opened presents we put together our table for Christmas which was constructed out of MDF and two by fours. It was also 6 inches too tall when we got done putting it together and so we ended up having to cut the legs off. It was definitely eventful and when we had everything all put together it was definitely worth it.

Woo hoo Christmas

Out Christmas table (please disregard the mismatched chairs)

I did use the original candle holders from one of my previous posts, but I decided that it wasn’t quite enough for the table and decided to make two more candle holders. Since everything was closed I just what I had around and so there are two tall glasses that were layered with cranberries in the bottom and then blue glass beads in the middle and then the berries from our Nandina bushes in the front yard surrounded the candles. They ended up looking very pretty especially when they were added to everything else. Since we didn’t have eight matching plates or eight matching napkins we alternated them and put the patterned napkins with the solid plates and the patterned plates with the solid napkins. It turned out very pretty in the end. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal and their presents. From the rest of Ryan’s family I got congratulations, and welcome to the family, as well as baking utensils and the set of hexagonal Wilton cake pan sets that I’ve had my eye on for some time now. I’m very excited to be able to use them eventually.

In addition to all of the wonderful Christmas fun and presents the

snow snow snow

Once the snow stopped falling this was my front yard

weather decided to dump somewhere around a foot of snow on us. It has definitely made a white Christmas, but the cat hasn’t taken to kindly to it and neither have the people who actually needed to go somewhere. Walgreen’s actually closed today because only two people had been able to make it into work. I have never seen Walgreen’s close for anything. So before I go I decided that I would leave you with a picture of how our front yard looked by this morning.  I do hope that everyone’s holiday went well and if it didn’t then it probably will get better by the time new years rolls around or at least we could hope so.

[Via http://punknpie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment