Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Open your eyes and love-soon all you know will become a memory

Thanksgiving break was good. I spent a lot of time with Lesley and Alli, and worked a little bit. It was both relaxing and productive.

Thanksgiving really got me thinking this year. I don’t know why. It seemed like the whole week I was home I felt like my eyes were being opened. I saw just how much I had to be thankful for. I have a great family that I’m proud of, and friends who make me laugh and I can talk to about anything. And, even though it’s not always fun, I am blessed to have a job. Two, actually. I’m lucky to be in school. I am very fortunate, and the whole week I was reminded of that. But, there was something kind of depressing behind it as well. I started to realize that the perfection I have in life right now isn’t going to last forever. You know how you can remember when you were a little kid and you didn’t know anything about money and responsibility and such? Your life is completely different than it is right now, and you didn’t realize your life would ever change when you were 5 years old. It’s like that now, but I’m starting to see that things WILL change. My best friend will move away, my sister will grow up, my parents will get older, people will die. Not to get all depressing, but that’s honestly what was going through my mind. Things are changing before us right now, and we won’t even see how that piece of us was a real part of our life until it’s in the past. So, I started to realize that I was taking for granted a lot of things in my life. Being in a room surrounded by my family, just hanging out singing in a car with my friend, and everything. I was suddenly very aware that it wasn’t going to last forever.

“Life as we know it today will soon become a distant memory that we long for-just like when we were kids. So live every minute of every day, and fall in love with the little things, like being in a room with people you love. They won’t be there forever” -Just something I typed up on my phone. :)

On a lighter note, Christmas is upon us, and now my diet will consist of hot chocolate and candy canes. Yummm. :)

[Via http://andrealeachman.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment