Tuesday, October 6, 2009

distracted

Work on my sweater vest is progressing slowly, as expected.  I’m still moving ahead on it but I needed to take a bit of a hiatus last week so I could finish another project that was already on another set of needles.  The only knitting thing I brought her with me was a spring/fall tuque that was just needing the ends finished but I decided that the brim was way to wide.  I decided to try knitting from the top down and by knitting through a telephone conversation, lunch break and the walk home from school I finished this:

From start to finish, the revamped hat took a smidgen more than a day and was readyjust in time for my day in the nursery school.  Imitation is the game at that age so adults must have a hat on outside too.  The new hat is not near as warm as the lined winter tuque I made a few winters ago but this wind and cooler weather definitely necessitates the use of a hat and the winter one would be too much right now.  I’m just hoping I can use this tuque for a good long while yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment