Sunday, October 11, 2009

Setup/Teardown Week 2

Well, I’m sitting here contemplating going to bed.  It’s just about 11 PM.  I haven’t been to bed prior to midnight in many years.  Yes, I know, I know.  That will all change in a few months.  Blah, blah, blah.  Well, until then I’m caught between a brick wall and a tough decision…or a rock and a hard place, whichever you like.  There is still an hour left to go before I keep my streak alive and I have to get up in five hours.  It’s not just that I wanna keep my streak alive, and I do, but my body isn’t ready for sleep yet.  Soon it will be but at the moment it isn’t.  Maybe I’ll just write this blog post until I’m sleepy.  At least it’s worthy of an awesome picture.

Anyway, without further rambling, five hours from now we will be starting week two in the theaters.  It starts in five hours because we have to setup church in the theaters.  It’s good stuff.  It’s way early in the morning, but it is worth it to reach out to people in a different way.  This week we got a ton accomplished so that the setup won’t take as long.  We have organized all the carts and will have them labeled in the morning.  We are storing things in a different way now so that we don’t have to continually move trailers back and forth.  I think that will cut down 30 minutes on both sides already!  So hopefully tomorrow will start a trend of everything getting quicker and smoother each week.

Not only are we now doing setup and teardown but we have launched our new and improved Host Team!  I have to say I’m pretty much a fan (and no, not because the Host Team leader is my wife).  We had so many Host Team members last week that were so excited about this new phase.  It was great to see their eyes light up as they got the chance to reach out to new people in a new community.  They are doing such an excellent job.  You will just have to come see it for yourself.

Thank you for all of you that have been praying for us, Kingsfield and the people we now have an opportunity to reach!  Please keep that up!  Oh, and don’t forget to keep praying for our little baby, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment