Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lots of Stuff, Mostly Random

So you may not have noticed, but I haven’t exactly been, um, prolific the last couple days. I’d like to say it’s because I’ve been so busy doing charitable acts for stray puppies, but the truth is that I’ve mostly been playing around with Elements, following lots of tutorials, and creating things like this:

Which I think looks awesome but which I never ever could have made if I hadn’t been following a tutorial.

I haven’t only been playing on Elements. I’ve also been practicing my mad hair-styling skills on the little girls at work:

Those are french braids, people. And yes, they’re kind of loose and probably not at all even, but they are still french braids. And this was taken last week and I’ve gotten more practice since then. I’m doing better and better. I was really sad yesterday I didn’t have my camera because I did this style on a girl with longer hair and did messy buns (which my awesome sister taught me how to make), and it looked awesome. Oh well.

And I have been doting on the Little One, who is stinking cute. And reading other people’s blogs. And generally finding every possible way to procrastinate my housework.

But one of the biggest things I’ve been working on this week is my 101 in 1001 list. You can click on the link to see my list, or on the 101 in 1001 tab at the top of my blog banner. If you’ve never heard of this project, it’s about setting goals. And then you give yourself 1001 days to do them– that’s almost three years. My sister convinced me to join her, but she doesn’t have her list quite ready yet. When she does I will link her up.

So that’s what I’ve been up to, and what I will be up to. I’d love it if you would join me in this whole goal-setting thing. If you do, be sure to post and let me know so we can cheer each other on!

Oh, and by the way, tune in tomorrow for a GIVEAWAY!!!

Huh. I guess I’d better get to that laundry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment