Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catch & Release

I am watching a movie Catch & Release and it is making me super nostalgic. It is shot in Boulder. My college town. My first destination in US. I spent a year there and have some very and some not so very , fond memories.

The current scene is shot by the ridge. The ridge I used to walk to , from school. I used to do my homeworks in the Boulder Public library which was on this ridge. It was the only way I could be close to water. The other place where this movie is extensively shot is Pear Street Mall.. downtown Boulder. An adorable lil nook – I avoided going there coz everything was so expensive and yet so tempting.

Getting back to the movie – Catch & Release is about this young girl, who is about to get married to a man she has loved for 4 years and the groom dies in an accident a few days before the wedding. The groom’s friends come over to help her get over the tragedy. She is a very strong headed woman and has a great way to deal with her loss. She is still getting over the tragedy and in an emotional moment ends up kissing one of the groom’s best friends. They way she deals with this mishap is amazing. She is a practical woman who really moves on.. very soon .. and takes control of her life. Won’t reveal the details – it is a nice movie to watch to understand some of the practicalities one must learn to deal with when life makes an unwanted turn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395495/ And a rating of 5.8/10 is crazy.. This movie deserves a 8/10 .

No comments:

Post a Comment