Saturday, September 26, 2009

Courgar Town

So, I missed the beginning of Courgartown last night, but got to watch most of it. First off, I totally love the casting of Courtney Cox. She makes a great Cougar However, the scripting?, directing?, really??? I mean OK, I’ll buy that they’re trying to make a comedy of sorts out of the situation, but seriously people, she comes across as having the maturity level and common sense of most teenagers. This is a show that I think could be a fun, funny, yet realistic view into the life of divorced women in general and older divorced women specifically. After watching it I felt like all it did was reinforce the old stereotypes about poor, pathetic, desperate divorcee’s. And, ok, I’ll admit to this being a bit of jealousy talking, but that house? really? could we perhaps have a slightly more realistic show here. Ok, ok, she’s a real estate agent and maybe its just that I live in a different world but very few single parents I know can afford that kind of luxory. Just sayin’…

No comments:

Post a Comment