Thursday, September 17, 2009

Revolution was in the air!

Sigh, I wish I had more time to write here. I like it, to clear my head. But I work so much right now, and I’m so tired when I get home. And I have so much to write that I don’t know where to start. So many people I meet during the days, so many different lives. And so many unjust and frustrating things, that I feel powerless over. Some good things going on too.

Today a couple of friends and me started talking about the song “I wish I was a punkrocker” by Sandi Thom. They started talking about how we should dress up like hippies, and I don’t know, have like a girls night. I love this song, and it makes me wanna do something. It makes me wanna be like some people were back in the days, when people seemed to react to unjustice and make their voice heard. So I said, lets do that! Let’s dress up like hippies and go out and protest about one of the many things that are wrong in the society today. In our city today. They laughed, and said sure and joked about it. But I was serious. Oh how I wish that I could find people that didn’t just complain about injust stuff, but who also wanted to do something. My boss sometimes talks about when he was young, and how they were active in society, spoke their mind when they saw something wrong. “We were out on the barricades!”, he says. Like Sandi sings:

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

In seventy-seven and sixty-nine revolution was in the air

I was born too late into a world that doesn’t care

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

No comments:

Post a Comment