Monday, September 28, 2009

Unordered Lists for the Win!

  • I love this time of year… good football, good weather… it rocks.
  • Iowa, UNI, the Vikings, and the Colts all won this weekend… Iowa in a huge upset, UNI by near blowout, Vikings at the wire, and Colts by their usual pounding of bad defenses.
  • Getting your homework done on Friday means you have all weekend to do whatever you want.
  • Getting your homework done on Friday means you have the potential to be bored all weekend.
  • Getting your homework done on Friday means you didn’t do anything that night… LAME!
  • Maintaining 3 blogs with any sort of frequency is actually quite mind-taxing.  Thankfully, the one that actually “matters” (i.e. The one that’s not mine) is only a 1-2x weekly thing.
  • Everyone is getting sick.  Not good.
  • My throat is starting to get that weird, sickly feeling to it.  Not a fan.
  • Calvin and Hobbes cartoons are fantastic.  I liked them when I was a kid, but now that I’m older, I realize that I understand things so much better.
  • I love this weather.
  • I’m getting really annoyed with the was some things are in my life, and I’ve resolved to change them.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.
  • My 5 classes… Macro: hilarious and intriguing.  Info Systems: mind-numbing and easy.  Humanities: boring and painful.  Physics: involving and interesting.  Personal Wellness: yawn and yawn.
  • Trying to debate on what to replace first, my computer or my TV.  Computer(s) are old, but can still do what I want.  My TV is old, the remote has no volume, and I think it’s just high time to replace it.  Thoughts?
  • Sugar Free Red Bull has less kick than regular Red Bull, but is still delicious.  However, I’m still sleepy.
  • How does Biscotti’s get away with charging $3.25 for a ham and cheese sandwich?
  • Lysol does a marvelous job of killing odors.  I tested it in a harsh environment yesterday, and it performed beautifully.  Maybe I should invest…
  • Since the school year began, I’m pretty sure that I’ve only played disc golf 3 times.  Maybe 4.  This sucks.
  • I also haven’t gone to the WRC like I was planning on doing.  Sad face.
  • Delicious sandwich… Jalapeno Cheddar wrap, with turkey, salami, bacon, colby jack, and provolone (yes, I would like that toasted, thanks), a bit of lettuce and onions, some jalapenos, and some chipotle mayo.
  • I’ve determined men need some form of HUD that easily identifies women as single, taken, engaged/married, or “don’t f*** with me”.  Especially during this time of year, when women have the sweatshirts that cover up most of their hands.  I wouldn’t call it a time-waster, but a minor inconvenience to be sure.
  • Fantasy Football messes with my head.
  • Along those lines… going to/playing in the late church service when you’re in the central time zone is not conducive to making last minute roster adjustments.  Therefore, DeSean Jackson sat on my bench and scored me 26 points, more than any other starter currently.  Granted, I’m still winning, but it’s still frustrating.
  • Have I mentioned that I love this weather?
  • John Mayer is a freak of nature, and his hands are absolutely gigantic.  This becomes increasingly noticeable (as well as increasingly frustrating) when attempting to learn how to play his songs.  Do they make racks for hands?  I could use the stretch.
  • I haven’t done anything that I would consider stupid/fun since school started.  This is a problem.  I was going to attempt something, but circumstances at the time made me think about it, and I decided to postpone it.
  • Why do people leave flash drives behind in computer labs all the time?  Our lost and found box is currently full of about 10 of these things… one of which hasn’t been collected for 3 weeks (and I may acquire for my Christmas card idea…).
  • Remember my earlier statement about Red Bull?  Well, I’m awake now, but as it gets warmer, the taste gets pretty gross…
  • I haven’t drank in a couple of weeks.  I credit this to the attempted stupid/fun thing that I bailed on a couple weeks back.  Just haven’t had the desire or the opportunity.  Saves me some money, that’s for sure.
  • Along those same lines… I haven’t really played video games in that time either.  The two people I would frequently play with are either busy with their NCAA Football dynasty (which I may have to join in on…), have internet so bad that they can’t play online (odd for CFU), or are busy with being an RA/class/football/being injured.  Thus, I am bored, and when I am bored, I study.  Lose-Win, I guess.
  • This job is by far one of the most boring jobs I’ve ever had.  At the same time, I’m not complaining one bit.  I love it.

And that’s all the rambling I have time for.  Enjoy your day/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment