Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I don’t know about elsewhere, but it’s a gorgeous day here in NYC! I am astonished because here we are, mid  November, and I was able to wear a short sleeve t-shirt  outside (plus puffy vest that I now live in, that is) without fear that my arm would freeze and break off like an icicle. Last year at this time, I was literally freezing, and I do believe my feet had already frozen a couple times while gallivanting outside. Mother nature, I could kiss you! She’s really redeemed herself for our days and days of gloomy rain.

I had some brunchy goodness this afternoon with my mama at a neighborhood spot. I have been craving some French toast, so that’s exactly what I ordered!

whole wheat french toast!

I hope my pancakes weren’t jealous, but I’ve been wanting some squishy French toast dripping with syrup lately, and this platter totally did the trick. Me and syrup used to be bff, and as a child I would basically eat a pool of syrup accompanied beside some waffles/pancakes/French toast. The syrup to carby bfast food ratio was sort of unreal. I am amazed I didn’t have cavities. I’ve cut back majorly on my syrup usage, but I still love to dunk!

In case you care about my recent protein uppage plan, I’m still trying- this brunch was served with a scrambled egg white (unpictured bc I’m a lazy blogger).. plus some fruit and a LOT of coffee. Holler.

Today was spent doing some grocery shopping, completed with the help of my mama after brunch. I currently have a massive amount of bananas and wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if my roomie starts accusing me of  hiding a family of monkeys under my bed.

these are mutantly-large bananas, too.

Though that could be fun, the truth is that I just tend to go through fruit at the speed of light. Also in my fruit collection of the moment: apples (as seen), blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, 2 bags of grapes (red + a nearly empty bag of green), and a lone pear… Yep, think that’s it. Totally normal, right?

Come summer, my fruit bowl gets a little out of control.

For a snackie today I decided to try a combo I’ve seen often on the blogosphere.

i prob could have sliced the naner more attractively..

A pumpkin butter + peanut butter sammie, with 1/4 of a huge banana on a whole wheat sandwich thin.

After eating it, I’ve got to say for the life of me I can’t figure out what the hype’s been all about. I’m not into the combo of pumpkin butter and pb in sandwich form- it tasted sort of …weird. Alone completely on a toasted sandwich thin has proven to be quality, but mixed with other ingredients its best in a liquidy concoction (read: yogurt mess, oats, etc.), in my opinion.

Alright, I’m off to get ready for din-dn with my darling friend Erica, who I haven’t seen in a flippin’ month! Far too long.. AND I’ll be walking to the restaurant, boooya!

Have a looovely night, ya’ll! xo

Food for thought: Dunkin Hines sells enough frosting to frost the tip of Mount Everest… hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment