Tuesday, November 10, 2009

why i love birthdays...

Excitement would have to be the word. 

This month is my favorite month… cliche as it may seem, because it happens to be my birthday month.  I have always enjoyed birthdays and have looked forward to them.  whether it be mine or someone else’s, i find there is no better day.. then a birthday.  Waking up and feeling like it’s YOUR day… to spend the way YOU want!  On that day, everyone takes a momment to to keep you in their thoughts.  Thoughts that would otherwise be preoccupied with some other more important thing.  You have an excuse to go out and eat cake, or other sugary caloric items.  You pamper yourself and take care to make sure you look and feel your VERY BEST.    

There is no better day then a birthday.  I truely believe this.  So Why cant everyday be my birthday?  Ok maybe the cake and extra food would be overkill… but the other side of things.   what about that??

  • The waking up and feeling like it’s YOUR day?
  • Going about life the way YOU want to?
  • Having people that want the best for you? 

Why must it only be on birthdays that we feel so great about ourselves?? I want this for my DAILY life. I think thats the biggest realization I’ve had in the past few days. 

Since my birthday is so close, I think it will be fitting if I make a resolution: This next year… I am going to focus on being the best me.  I am going to make strides in feeling good about myself because enough time has been wasted feeling the opposite.  Enough time has been lost waiting for my birthday to feel special.  I know that I have a lot of good things to give and I have to stop short-changing myself and give myself some credit here.  I deserve that…

No comments:

Post a Comment