Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Moustache You A Question

Movember (a portmanteau of the words ‘Moustache’ and ‘November’), is an annual month-long event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November. The event has been claimed to have been invented in 1999 by group of Australian men from Adelaide.

Since 2004, the Movember Foundation charity has run Movember events to raise awareness and funds for men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer and depression, in Australia and New Zealand. In 2007, events were launched in Ireland, Canada, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

I’ve went unshaven for pretty much the whole of November. The reason? I had an agreement with a few friends that we would let our facial fuzz grow for a few weeks and then shave it into some form of moustache for the last week in November so we could do our own little contribution to the Movember Campaign. Well the beginning of the last week in November started yesterday. So on Sunday afternoon i blew the dust off my razor and had a shave, i must admit i was tempted to shave the whole beard off as it was getting itchy as hell BUT i stuck to the agreement and shaved myself a Lemmy style moustache/beard effort. Today i’ve came to the decision that for each remaining day this week i’ll have a different style. Basically i’ll gradually shave the moustache off bit by bit. So Sunday, yesterday and today i sported the Lemmy style. Tomorrow will be the simple yet overwhelmingly camp handlebar, Thursday will be a “normal”, casual moustache and on Friday it comes off. I realise that technically that means i’ve only sported a moustache for 5 days and not a week. But Sunday to Thursday is enough for me! Plus, i’ve got a night out on Friday and there is no way that i’m heading into the Glasgow nightlife with a hairy top lip!

Tom Selleck's gotta be in there somewhere!

This Friday, i’ll do a special post about my 5 days living with my moustache and also a special “Top Lip Music Top Ten” List that’ll include the best ten moustaches in music.  I’ll also stick up some pictures of my own fuzz so everyone can have a laugh at my hairy lipped expense.

Until then though enjoy two classic moustaches……technically these two dudes have beards but seeing as i’m saving the Moustache Brigade for Friday they’ll do for the moment.



MP3: Motorhead – Ace Of Spades



MP3: Kris Kristofferson – Closer To The Bone

And as a little taster of what to expect from my own facial creations have a look  (and listen) at this….

S.I.T Wolf  X

[Via http://someonesinthewolf.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment