Tuesday, November 10, 2009

They Always Say Time Changes Things

I find myself daydreaming far too often. I could simply sit for hours and let my thoughts wander. I think about the future, I think about the present, but more often than not I think about the past.

I like to present myself as an individual who doesn’t dwell on the past or think too much on how different things could be, but my behaviors exhibit the antithesis to that disguise.

Today, on my drive home from school, I began thinking about all the things that have changed in such a short time. Some things have, of course, been for the best. For instance, I graduated high school and moved on to college. I am in my second year now and am well on my way to acheiving my academic goals. That is a great feeling. There are others things though that kind of make me sad. Mostly the way some of my relatioships have changed. There are certain in particular that I just miss so much! I want to give them a big hug and sit and talk for hours catching up on all that has happened since the last time we spoke. It saddens me that I probably will never get that opportunity. It also saddens me that these people will never know any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment